Spring is here! The days are lighter and it begins to get warmer. All the more reason to get sprucing in our gardens, here are a few things you can look into this month.
- Remove any faded flowers from early flowering bulbs, especially daffodils.
- Keep an eye out for slugs and snails with the use of slug pellets if needed.
- In mild areas dahlia tubers can be planted outside towards the end of the month.
- If the frost gets worse then pull some fleece over your potato foliage.
- Rake out any dead moss with a scarifier, afterwards fork over to improve drainage.
- Hanging baskets can be kept in the greenhouse while the plants grow on.
- Stagger the planting of your gladioli corms and you’ll prolong the flowering period.