Spring can sometimes be an antsy time in our gardens. The weather is heating up, evening sunlight entices us outdoors, trees and spring bulbs are blooming, Now’s the time to make your garden shine!
Check out our To-Do list for the Month of April:
- Trim Summer and Autumn flowering shrubs before they set flower buds.
- Clear out insects and pests as soon as you spot them. Be on the lookout for aphids, as they love delicate green shoots.
- Before the last frost, give tender bulbs a head start by potting them indoors.
- After the last frost, plant any tender bulbs outdoors and continue to plant summer bulbs, ground-covers, and ornamental grasses.
- Clean out, examine, and restore bird houses, ready for the spring nesting season.
- Begin to feed your pond fish when water temperatures are above 10° C.
- Keep an eye on your garden during the spring thaw and rainy days. Note and sort out any drainage issues.
Spend some Diamond Days in your Garden!