Prep: 15 mins
Plus Chilling (no Cook)
For the beetroot lemonade
200g raw beetroot, grated
juice 8 lemons
200g golden caster sugar
For the cocktail
750ml Prosecco, chilled
- First, make the beetroot lemonade. In a bowl, stir together the beetroot, lemon juice and sugar.
- Steep in the fridge for at least 1 hr, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into a large jug to get rid of the pulp.
- To make the cocktail, pour 25ml of the beetroot lemonade into each glass, followed by 50ml of Aperol and a few ice cubes.
- Top with Prosecco and serve.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, October 2016
Image from: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/blood-beetroot-cocktails