Need a simple, vibrant end of week meal the family will love? Put together these easy chicken fajitas and people can serve up their own DIY masterpieces!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 5 mins
2 large chicken breasts, finely sliced
1 red onion, finely sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
For the marinade
1 heaped tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp ground coriander
pinch of ground cumin
2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
4 tbsp olive oil
1 lime, juiced
4-5 drops Tabasco
6 medium tortillas
bag mixed salad
230g tub fresh salsa
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and wrap the tortillas in foil.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl with a big pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Stir the chicken, onion, pepper and chilli, if using, into the marinade.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot and add the chicken and marinade to the pan.
- Keep everything moving over a high heat for about 5 mins using tongs until you get a nice charred effect. (If your griddle pan is small you may need to do this in two batches.)
- To check the chicken is cooked, find the thickest part and tear in half – if any part is still raw cook until done.
- Put the tortillas in the oven to heat up and serve with the chicken, salad and salsa.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com