This family favourite marries meaty sausages with robust herbs and traditional, comforting Yorkshire pudding.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 40 mins
140g plain flour
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp vegetable oil
8 Cumberland sausages
8 sage leaves
4 rosemary sprigs
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9. In a food processor, combine the flour, eggs, milk, mustard and some salt and pepper, blitz until smooth, then leave to rest for 30 mins.
- Pour the oil into a metal roasting tin about 30 x 23cm and 7.5cm deep. Brush the oil all over the sides and bottom, then place in the oven.
- When the roasting tin is very hot and smoking, place the sausages inside, evenly spread out, and cook for 5 mins.
- Give the rested batter a stir and pour into the really hot tin – take care as it may spit. Quickly sprinkle over the sage leaves and rosemary, then place in the middle of the oven.
- Do not open the door for 25 mins, then check – if needed, cook for a further 5-10 mins.
- Cook until puffed up and brown and the batter is completely cooked through.
- Serve straight from the dish.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com