July can be one of the hottest months of the year and a wonderful time just to sit and enjoy your garden with friends and family. Keep plants looking good by regularly dead-heading, and you’ll
enjoy a longer lasting display of blooms.
Make sure you keep new plants well watered, using grey water where possible, and hoe off weeds, which thrive in the sunshine.
July Jobs to Do:
- If you are away on holiday make sure your plants are looked after in your absence
- Check your clematis for any signs of clematis wilt
- Remember to deadhead bedding plants and repeat-flowering perennials, thus ensuring continuous flowering
- Treat apple scab
- Pick courgettes before they become marrows
- Ponds maintenance: clear algae, blanket weeds and debris and keep them topped up
- Water all tubs and new plants if dry, but be water-wise
- Treat the lawn with a quick-acting summer feed, especially if not given one in spring