Make a quick and easy meal for two with these pork meatballs, served with spaghetti, courgette ribbons, lemon and parmesan.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp fennel seeds
250g pork mince
large handful parsley, leaves chopped, stalks finely chopped
1 large courgette, peeled into ribbons all around the edge, centre grated or finely chopped
½ a lemon, zested and juiced
grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat ½ tbsp of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and soften for 5 mins, then add the garlic and fennel and cook for 2 mins longer. Tip into a bowl.
- Add the pork mince, parsley stalks and grated courgette to the bowl, season well, mix, and shape into 10 meatballs.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan, add the meatballs and fry for 5-8 mins, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through. Set the pan aside.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for 1 min less than pack instructions.
- Using tongs, transfer the pasta to the pan of meatballs, sloshing in some of the cooking water as you go.
- Add the courgette ribbons to the pan and put it back over the heat.
- Toss the pasta and meatballs with the courgette ribbons in the pan with a ladleful of pasta water and add the lemon juice.
- Season well, tip into bowls and scatter over the chopped parsley leaves, lemon zest and a generous grating of parmesan.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com