Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 500g new potatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 100g spinach
- 2 tbsp caper, drained and rinsed
- zest and juice ½ lemon
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins until they are tender but still hold their shape, and you can insert a cutlery knife easily.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to steam-dry.
- Heat the oil with 1 tbsp of the butter in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once the butter is foaming, add the potatoes, cut-side down, and fry undisturbed for 5 mins until golden.
- Add the remaining butter along with the spinach, capers, lemon zest and juice.
- Stir everything together for a few mins so that the potatoes are coated and the spinach has wilted, then season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, March 2017
Image from https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/new-potatoes-spinach-capers