Cook this recipe inspired by saag paneer in just 30 minutes. It’s a flavourful veggie curry that’s heady with fresh ginger and cardamom. Serve with rice or naan breads.
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 50 mins
3 tbsp vegetable oil
225g block of paneer, cut into 2cm cubes
1 large onion, roughly chopped
thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled
2 large garlic cloves
5 tbsp korma paste
3 cardamom pods, crushed
70g ground almonds
500ml vegetable stock
100g Greek yogurt
rice or naan breads, to serve (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the paneer cubes and fry for 5 mins, turning regularly, so each side is golden brown.
- Remove with tongs and put on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Put the onion, ginger and garlic in a food processor with a splash of water and blitz until completely smooth.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan over a medium-low heat.
- Add the onion mixture and a pinch of salt, and fry for 10 mins or until lightly golden.
- Add the korma paste and cardamom, and fry for 1 min. Stir in the ground almonds and fry for 1 min to make a thick paste.
- Add the stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 5-10 mins, uncovered, or until reduced a little.
- Add the spinach to the sauce and cook for 5 mins. Stir through the yogurt and paneer, and season generously.
- Serve with rice or warm naan breads.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com