This simple almondy cake is a great way of using up pick-your-own raspberries.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 50 mins
140g ground almond
140g butter, softened
140g golden caster sugar
140g self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp flaked almond
icing sugar, to serve
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and base-line and grease a deep 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Blitz the ground almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract in a food processor until well combined.
- Spread half the mix over the cake tin and smooth over the top.
- Scatter the raspberries over, then dollop the remaining cake mixture on top and roughly spread – you might find this easier to do with your fingers.
- Scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 50 mins until golden. Cool, remove from the tin and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com