Bake these classic shortbread biscuits to wow a crowd. You only need four ingredients, but you can mix it up with lemon or orange zest, or try adding chopped pistachios.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 – 25 mins
Serves: 24 (slices)
300g butter, softened
140g golden caster sugar, plus 4 tbsp
300g plain flour
140g rice flour
- Place the butter and 140g sugar in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Tip in both the flours and a pinch of salt, then whizz until mixture comes together.
- Using your hands, roughly spread the mixture out in a 20 x 30 x 4cm baking tray. Cover with cling film and smooth over until there are no wrinkles.
- Place in the fridge, uncooked, for at least 30 mins and up to 2 days.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Remove cling film, then lightly mark the shortbread all over with a fork.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar, then bake for 20-25 mins.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into 24 thin slices. Shortbread will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com