Serve these easy stuffed mushrooms with melted cheese, bacon lardons and breadcrumbs alongside a simple salad and crusty bread for a quick, fuss-free dinner.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Serves: 2 (makes 4-6)
4-6 medium-large portobello mushrooms
125g unsmoked bacon lardons
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
4 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
1 tsp dried sage
50g medium cheddar, grated
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Wipe the mushrooms to remove any dirt, then turn upside down and remove the stalks.
- Place on a baking tray top-side down.
- Fry the lardons for 8-10 mins until just starting to crisp up, then finely chop the shallot, mushroom stalks and garlic.
- Add to the bacon and fry on a moderate heat for about 5 mins until all the ingredients are cooked.
- Take off the heat and add the breadcrumbs and sage, then stir to make an even mixture.
- Spoon into the hollows of the mushrooms and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 mins until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com