Pining for summer? This simply seasoned chicken fried with beautiful, ripe, cherry tomatoes in a creamy sauce is guaranteed to hit the spot. Add a dollop of pesto for an extra layer of nutty flavours
Cook: 25 mins
1 tbsp olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
200g pack cherry tomatoes
3 tbsp pesto
3 tbsp crème fraîche (half fat is fine)
fresh basil, if you have it
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, preferably non-stick. Add the chicken and fry without moving it until it takes on a bit of colour.
- Turn the chicken and cook on the other side. Continue cooking for 12-15 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season all over with a little salt and pepper.
- Halve the tomatoes and throw them into the pan, stirring them around for a couple of minutes until they start to soften.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the pesto and crème fraîche until it makes a sauce.
- Scatter with a few basil leaves if you have them, then serve with rice and salad or mash and broccoli.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com