Prep: 5 mins plus 24hrs steeping, no cook
- 50g ground coffee (use coarsely ground for cafetières)
- sparkling water or still water to dilute
- Put 400ml cold water into a large jug or jar and add the coffee grounds, but do not stir the mixture.
- Cover and leave to steep for 24hrs.
- Gently stir the mixture then pour it through a funnel or sieve lined with coffee filter paper (or a sheet of kitchen paper) into another large jug. This concentrate will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- To serve dilute 1 part cold brew with 2 parts still or sparkling water (or to your taste) and serve with lots of ice.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, February 2017
Image from http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cold-brew-coffee