Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 30 mins
80g butter, softened
40g golden caster sugar
120g self raising flour
For the filling
100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
75g golden caster sugar
50g plain flour
4 large eggs, beaten
2 x 80g bags of Galaxy Golden Eggs
crème fraîche, to serve
- For the shortbread base, beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy, then mix in the flour.
- Press the dough into the base of a 20-21cm tart tin and put in the fridge for 20 mins to harden.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4.
- Prick the base all over with a fork and bake in the centre of the oven for 15 mins until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and chocolate together in a saucepan over a low heat. Once melted, stir in the sugar and flour, then gradually beat in the eggs.
- Pour the filling over the base and cover the top in Golden Eggs.
- Return to the oven and bake for 12-15 mins or until the fiilling is just set at the edges but the centre is still shiny and a bit wobbly.
- Remove from the oven and put in the fridge to chill.
- To release from the tin, warm the sides with a hot dishcloth for a couple of mins. Serve with crème fraîche.
Can be made a day ahead and kept in the tin overnight.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, April 2017
Image from https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/golden-egg-baked-chocolate-tart