Cook an exotic yet easy dinner like these spicy and sticky Korean chicken wings. They make ideal finger food for a buffet.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
For the chicken
500g chicken wings
large chunk of ginger, finely grated
vegetable oil, for frying
sesame seeds and sliced spring onion, to serve
For the sauce
6 tbsp dark brown sugar
2 tbsp gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
small piece ginger, grated
2 tsp sesame oil
- To make the sauce, put all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer gently until syrupy, so around 3-4 mins. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Season the chicken wings with salt, pepper and the grated ginger. Toss the chicken with the cornflour until completely coated.
- Heat about 2cm of vegetable oil in a large frying pan over a medium/high heat. Fry the chicken wings for 8-10 mins until crisp, turning halfway.
- Remove from the oil and place on kitchen paper. Leave to cool slightly (around 2 mins).
- Reheat the sauce, and toss the crispy chicken wings in it. Tip into a bowl and top with the sesame seeds and sliced spring onions.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com