Try making this classic Italian dessert with delicate vanilla and a fresh strawberry topping.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 5 mins
2 ½ sheets gelatine
400ml double cream
60g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
fresh strawberries, to serve
strawberry compote, to serve
- Add the sheets of gelatine to a bowl of cold water and soak for 5 mins.
- Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan with the sugar and vanilla seeds (to scrape the seeds out of the pod, use the back of a knife).
- Stir to combine and bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat.
- Take the gelatine out of the cold water and squeeze out the excess, then add to the milk mixture. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Tip into four ramekins and place in the fridge to set for at least a couple of hours.
- To serve, turn each ramekin upside-down onto a serving plate. If the panna cotta won’t drop out, carefully dip the ramekin in a bowl of warm water to loosen it.
- Serve with a drizzle of strawberry compote and sliced fresh strawberries.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com