May can be a wonderful time for making moves in our garden. As the days are brighter and the weather gets warmer, our plant-life changes for the better. Check out these ways to keep on the move in your garden.
- Tie in ascending roses. Arranging the stems horizontally will help to yield more flowers.
- Trim lavender plants, cutting off any old flower heads and about 2.5cm of this year’s growth.
- Hang fly traps throughout your greenhouse to track levels of pests.
- Keep young fruit trees nicely watered whilst they are hitting rapid growth.
- Plant glasshouse tomatoes in beds or growing bags.
- Surround strawberries with straw to shield them. Net them to keep birds away.