You can make it up to two days ahead. Any leftovers will make a welcome treat with a cup of coffee the next day.
Prep: 25 mins
200g pack all-butter biscuit
1 tbsp golden syrup or honey
100g bar dark chocolate
100g bar milk chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
200ml whipping cream
3 tbsp crème fraîche, to decorate
200g raspberry, to serve
- Crush the biscuits by putting them in a large, strong, plastic food bag and bashing with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter with the syrup or honey in the microwave, then stir in the biscuits.
- Press onto the base and up the sides of a 12 x 36cm rectangular tin (or 23-25cm round flan tin) and chill while you make the filling.
- Break up the two chocolate bars and put in a large bowl. Melt in the microwave for 2-3 mins on Medium, stirring halfway through.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, then sift in the icing sugar. Whip the cream until it just holds its shape, then fold into the melted chocolate.
- Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Chill for at least 2 hrs or for up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, remove the tart from the tin and slide it onto a flat plate (loosen edges first with the tip of a small pointed knife). You will find it easier to remove the tart if you leave it at room temperature for 30 mins.
- Put a few tsps of crème fraîche along the centre of the tart (or around the edges if the tart is circular) and top each with a raspberry, then dust lightly with icing sugar.
- Cut into thin slices and serve with extra raspberries on the side.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com