Make your own raspberry sorbet with just three ingredients. Perfect for pairing with chocolate puds – and it’s vegan too.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
200g granulated sugar
500g raspberries, plus more to serve (optional)
1 lemon, juiced
- Put the sugar and 270ml water in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Raise the heat and simmer for 5 mins, or until the liquid has become a syrup. Set aside to cool.
- Put the raspberries and lemon juice in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl and discard the seeds. Combine with the sugar syrup, then pour into freezer-proof container.
- Freeze for 1 hr 30 mins, then whisk with a balloon whisk or a fork to break up any ice crystals that have formed and return to the freezer.
- Keep mixing the sorbet once an hour for 4 hrs to break up the ice crystals. Stop mixing when firm but scoopable. Will keep in the freezer for up to a month.
- Serve with extra raspberries, if you like.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com