A comforting and hearty one-pot sausage stew with chorizo, smoked paprika and plenty of vegetables.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 1 hr
2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 medium sticks celery, finely chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
6 cooking chorizo sausages (about 400g)
6 pork sausages (about 400g)
3 fat garlic cloves, chopped
1½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp dried thyme
125ml white wine
2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 chicken stock cube
1 x 400g can aduki beans, drained and rinsed
1 bunch chives, snipped (optional)
- Heat 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil in a large heavy-based pan.
- Add 1 finely chopped onion and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 finely chopped medium celery sticks, 1 chopped yellow pepper and 1 chopped red pepper and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add 6 chorizo sausages and 6 pork sausages and fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 3 chopped garlic cloves, 1 ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika, ½ tsp ground cumin and 1 tbsp dried thyme and continue cooking for 1 – 2 mins or until the aromas are released.
- Pour in 125ml white wine and use a wooden spoon to remove any residue stuck to the pan.
- Add two 400g cans of tomatoes, and 2 sprigs of fresh thyme and bring to a simmer. Crumble in the chicken stock cube and stir.
- Cook for 40 minutes. Stir in a 400g drained and rinsed can of aduki beans and cook for a further five minutes.
- Remove the thyme sprigs, season with black pepper and stir through some snipped chives, if using. Serve.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com