Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
400g dark or milk chocolate
100g white chocolate
assortment of Easter treats
- Line an A4-sized baking sheet with parchment.
- Break the dark or milk chocolate into a large glass bowl.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a slow simmer, then sit the bowl on top, making sure it doesn’t touch the water.
- Over a low heat, slowly melt the chocolate, stirring once it begins to melt, or melt in the microwave in short bursts until smooth and glossy.
- Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet, spread into an even layer using a palette knife, then melt the white chocolate following the same method.
- Dot blobs of the white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate then use a skewer to swirl them together in any pattern you like.
- Top the bark with any assortment of treats you fancy – the more outrageous the better.
- Leave to set at room temperature to get a glossy effect, then break into shards to serve.
Will keep for two weeks in an airtight container.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, April 2017
Image from https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sweet-shop-bark