Cook an easy, healthy curry with just 15 minutes preparation for a wholesome family meal.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 40 mins
4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks (or use thighs or drumsticks)
2 tsp cornflour
1 onion, diced
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp ground ginger
400ml chicken stock
1 tsp soy sauce
handful frozen peas
rice to serve
- Toss the chicken pieces in the cornflour and season well. Set them aside.
- Fry the onion in half of the oil in a wok on a low to medium heat, until it softens – about 5-6 minutes – then add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the spices and sugar and cook for another minute, then add the stock and soy sauce, bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Tip everything into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Wipe out the pan and fry the chicken in the remaining oil until it is browned all over.
- Tip the sauce back into the pan and bring everything to a simmer, stir in the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add a little water if you need to thin the sauce. Serve with rice.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com