A crispy pie that you can adapt for your needs, add chicken or keep it veggie. A good fail-safe for your repertoire!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
200g bag spinach leaves
175g jar sun-dried tomato in oil
100g feta cheese, crumbled
½ 250g pack filo pastry
- Put the spinach into a large pan. Pour over a couple tbsp water, then cook until just wilted. Tip into a sieve, leave to cool a little, then squeeze out any excess water and roughly chop.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and put into a bowl along with the spinach, feta and eggs. Mix well.
- Carefully unroll the filo pastry. Cover with some damp sheets of kitchen paper to stop it drying out. Take a sheet of pastry and brush liberally with some of the sun-dried tomato oil.
- Drape oil-side down in a 22cm loosebottomed cake tin so that some of the pastry hangs over the side. Brush oil on another piece of pastry and place in the tin, just a little further round.
- Keep placing the pastry pieces in the tin until you have roughly three layers, then spoon over the filling. Pull the sides into the middle, scrunch up and make sure the filling is covered.
- Brush with a little more oil.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Cook the pie for 30 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden brown. Remove from the cake tin, slice into wedges and serve with salad.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com