A message from Rob Warburton
Hello everyone, on behalf of the new Junior Cricket Committee, I’d like to extend to you all a very warm welcome to the 2021 cricket season. I hope that in these testing times, you and yours are safe and well.
I hope that this note will bring pleasant thoughts of warm summer evenings and cricket on the common.
I thought it would be a good time to share with you some of the work that that is going on behind the scenes in preparation for the 2021 season.
Our goals for this summer are simple:
- To provide a safe, fun and enjoyable atmosphere for ALL players, coaches and parents.
- To use cricket as a vehicle to teach our players about: sportsmanship, teamwork, respect and discipline.
- To provide the best junior coaching in Surrey.
- To continue to expand our membership base with an aim to have our numbers of girls and boys split 50/50 by 2023.
To be able to achieve these goals we have already committed to the following:
- The setting up of a Junior Cricket Committee to provide increased levels of focus on the junior section -Jack Scriven will become our Junior Section Head Coach. Jack is an ECB Level 2 coach and was 1st XI Captain in 2019, leading our run to the T20 National Finals Day! Jack will support all of the coaches and age groups. Jack replaces Charles Coventry who can’t come to the UK this year due to COVID-19 restrictions;
- A full-time girls Head Coach to oversee the coaching of all girls age groups;
- New kit for practice nights, to benefit all age groups;
- We have recruited a Head Coach for the U12/13 age group, in an effort to recruit numbers back into this squad.
I am sure you will agree this will set us up brilliantly for the 2021 season.
Finally, I have two asks of you please. Firstly, please to register now and pay your subs. We are already experiencing high demand in a number of age groups and we will have to cap some of these at some point.
Secondly, our junior section with almost 200 kids takes a good amount of organising and we always need help with coaching, admin etc. If you would like to help in any way (and I personally guarantee you won’t be “left holding the baby”) please contact me at .
As a reminder we will be starting training on Friday 9th April and are very much looking forward to welcoming you all to the common. This summer promises to be a very successful one at Cranleigh Cricket Club.
Yours in Cricket, Rob Warburton