Although we had some warmer days over September, the autumn is now definitely here for real, and it feels colder, it’s a beautiful time of year.
- Plant daffodil bulbs, tulip bulbs and Allium bulbs for a glorious spring display. Dot them through borders or naturalise them in grass.
- Plant spring bedding such as wallflowers, Bellis, Primulas and winter pansies.
- If your summer containers are looking past their best, re-plant them with fresh winter bedding plants.
- This month is an ideal time to move trees and shrubs, and plant hedges.
- Clear overhanging plants away from pathways to maintain access routes throughout the garden.